Communiqué Amending the Communiqué on the Equipping of Ships and their Characteristics of Automatic Identification System (AIS) Class-B CS Device was published in the Official Gazette dated 09 September 2022 and numbered 31948.
According to the Communiqué in question:
- Article 2 of the Communiqué has been changed to “This Communiqué covers the Turkish flagged vessels on national voyages specified in Article 6 and the natural and legal persons who will use the AIS Class-B CS devices.”
- Paragraph 4 as “Ships with Class-A type AIS device making international voyages will be exempt from AIS Class-B CS device when they start voyage within our national waters, except those that will operate within the local maritime traffic within the administrative areas of regional port authorities/port masteries where a system for monitoring local maritime traffic is installed.” has been added to the Article 6 of the Communiqué.
- The first paragraph of Article 9 of the Communiqué has been amended as "In addition to all the features specified in this Communiqué, AIS Class B CS Devices used in fishing boats and fishing boats will not be able to see each other, see other ships and cannot follow AIS messages sent by other fishermen." Paragraph 2 of the same article has been amended as “All vessels other than fishing boats will be able to see and follow all AIS messages.” Paragraph 3 of the article has been amended as follows: "AIS devices on ships other than AIS Shore Stations and fishing boats will be able to see and monitor AIS information of fishing boats normally."
- The 10th article of the Communiqué has been amended and the new article is as follows;
AIS Class-B CS devices mentioned in this Communiqué; must comply with the provisions of the Radio Equipment Regulation (2014/53/EU) published in the Official Gazette dated 5/11/2020 and numbered 31295 to be placed on the market following the basic requirements regarding minimum safety conditions. Inspections of the devices during the import phase will be carried out within the scope of the Communiqué on Import Control of Radio Equipment (Product Safety and Inspection: 2022/8) published in the Official Gazette dated 31/12/2021 and numbered 31706 (the Communiqué is renewed every year). With the certificate of conformity to be given by the Administration to AIS Class-B CS devices, licensing procedures will be carried out by applying to the Radio Operations Directorate within the General Directorate of Coastal Safety under Article 42 of the Electronic Communications Law dated 5/11/2008 and numbered 5809. Those who act or operate in violation of the provisions of the Radio Equipment Regulation (2014/53/EU) are subject to the provisions of the Product Safety and Technical Regulations Law dated 5/3/2020 and numbered 7223.
- Article 12 of the Communiqué has also been amended. The new article is as follows: “The Minister of Transport and Infrastructure execute the provisions of this Communiqué”.
You may contact our Marine department for further questions: