Below are detailed information regarding Gür Law Firm’s data processing activities, which are limited to the purposes explained per each data subject group.
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY
We respect the right to privacy that ensured in Article 20 of the Constitution, and we act with the awareness of fulfilling our obligations to protect the personal data we process within the framework of the Personal Data Protection Law No. 6698 ("Law") and in accordance with the right to the protection of personal data mentioned in paragraph 3 of the same article of the Constitution.
- WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS AND HOW DO WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We process the following types of personal data through our www.gurlaw.com, communication channels and social media accounts, and as part of a data recording system that is not automated, such as our archive records:
- Identity and Contact Information: Name – Surname, date of birth, identification documents and passport, tax identification number, signature circular, phone number, address, e-mail address and other contact information.
- Financial Information: Clients' invoice details, payment history, bank account information and other financial information.
- Device Information: Information obtained through cookies and similar technologies.
- Special Categories of Personal Data: Gür Law Office and the surrounding areas are monitored by security cameras. Therefore, your visuals may be recorded by our cameras when you visit our office. In addition, we strongly request that no special categories of personal data be transferred to us in job applications, and we emphasize that any special categories of personal data that falls into the systems of Gür Law Office is immediately destroyed.
- FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We process identity, contact information, financial information and device information for the purposes of providing legal services in the context of the Law No. 1136 such as; starting and carrying out our legal activities, ensuring compliance with the law and fulfilling our legal obligations; managing job application processes; improving and making our website useful, and informing you about current developments, events and meetings. The legal reasons for the processing of such personal data are (i) that it is necessary to fulfil our legal obligations, (ii) that it is directly related to the establishment or performance of a contract, (iii) that data processing is mandatory for the establishment, exercise or protection of a right, (iv) that we have a legitimate interest in the processing of such personal data, and (v) that it is made public by the persons concerned.
In addition, your images are recorded by our camera system as special categories of personal data in order to ensure the security of office areas. Our legal grounds for processing your sensitive personal data obtained from security cameras are (i) that it is necessary to fulfil our obligations under the Law No. 1136 and (ii) that we have a legitimate interest in the processing of this data.
- DATA SUBJECTS
- Job Applicants
We collect, process and store personal data which may directly or indirectly identify a job applicant (together “personal information”) as part of our candidate application and recruitment activities. We process and use personal information in the direction of our above-mentioned interests, as well as general recruitment activities. We will need to share job applicant’s personal information internally if it is necessary or required, for example to carry out assessment. Sharing will be limited to what is required by each individual to perform their role in the recruitment process. Accordingly, we store and subsequently destroy resumes containing personal data in 3 months.
Gür Law Office treats client information as strictly confidential and all information collected from the clients will be subject to attorney-client privilege. Such information will only be collected and processed within the scope of our legal services provided to the clients in line with our engagement to them. These processing of this data will be based on the legal purposes of compliance with legal obligations, performance of contract, establishment, exercise or protection of a legal right and legitimate interest of the data controller. These data will not be shared with third parties unless for specific instructions received by the client or unless it is required for the purposes of fulfilling a legal obligation (such as AML obligations).
- WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
To the extent necessary, we share your personal data with administrative institutions and organizations, relevant tax offices and our business partners, financial institutions and other third parties, limited to the cases required by the above purposes. Your personal data is transferred (i) to apply subpoenas, notices or summons or requests submitted by the courts and other judicial institutions with the demands of the public institutions and organizations and other administrative authorities listed here, and (ii) to protect the interests of the clients of Gür Law Firm. This transfer is based on the reason that it is necessary for the performance of obligations arising from the law and the agreements between us and our clients in providing legal services.
We do not transfer your personal data provided to us abroad within the scope of your job application and do not share it with third parties. As a matter of fact, since the companies that Gür Law Firm receives server services are also resident companies in Turkey, there is no transfer of personal data on the servers abroad. However, in the event of the transfer of your personal data abroad, we take your express consent and all other measures necessary in accordance with the provisions of the applicable law.
- YOUR RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Pursuant to the Article 11 of the Law, you have the following rights with regard to the processing of your personal data:
- to learn whether your personal data is being processed
- to request information as to the processing
- to learn the purpose for which the data is processed and whether the data is used in accordance with these purposes
- to be informed of the third parties, in Turkey or abroad, to whom your personal data has been transferred
- to request that your personal data be rectified if it is incomplete or inaccurate
- to request that your personal data be deleted or destroyed
- to request that the rectification, deletion or destruction of your personal data upon your request be notified to any third-party to whom your personal data has been transferred
- to object to any result to your detriment reached by the analysis of your personal data exclusively through automated means
- to request compensation for any damages incurred due to the unlawful processing of your personal data
You can send your requests regarding the above listed rights and your questions regarding this Privacy Notice to email@example.com. Your requests will be answered as soon as possible and within thirty days at the latest. If your request requires an additional cost, we will charge in accordance with the tariff determined by the Personal Data Protection Board.